After updating to iOS 8.3, I experienced what others have reported with dropped connections during file streaming... an OS issue. With Acrosync, I would occasionally need to restart the device in order for the sync to work. So, I did a complete reset of the iPad Air 2. I grabbed the latest Acrosync and entered the info pertaining to my Linux host. I've verified all of the settings against what I used before, but it keeps timing out with "Search Failure No available servers have been found."
Now, I am Puttied into the server in question over the same IP and port from a Windows box. And, I am browsing the server's samba shares from the same iPad using the FileExplorer app. So, there appears to be an issue affecting ssh on the tablet side, but I'm not sure if it is due to some change they made with the latest iOS update.